Thursday, May 10, 2012

Thursday Thought - Birthday...


Birthdays are always a good time to reflect on the year that is ending and to look forward to the year ahead. Taking the time to stop and put everything in perspective helps to clear the mind of the daily jumble of things that tend to crowd out the bigger picture. Taking pause and considering all that is... helps.

As I stand at the threshold of this new year and consider where I am, I realize that I am beginning this new year with a challenge. Which is pretty normal. Ha! As I stand here and take account I realize I am starting this year with less the $5.00 in the bank, a month behind in bills and with utility disconnect notices. This is enough to get anyone down. But, I can't be down and out.

As I look forward I see a picture and a life where I am together with my family... all of us!! That gives me hope and the courage to forge ahead knowing that as a team we will make it no matter what life throws at me.

I am looking forward... with hope, excitement, maybe even a little apprehension at knowing this year is the year I am poised to conquer.

5 comments:

Karen Lovingheart said...

Your faith will pull you through! You seem to specialize in knotholes through which you somehow miraculously pass through by sheer faith & determination and a lot of prayer & hard work. From a fellow hard nut. Love you!

Luz Alemana said...

The Lord has never failed us yet, and He won´t now either. Getting back to our First Love and soaking in His word is a challenge, but worth the try. He can do so much for us...I pray for you and your wonderful family! LY!

nyx said...

Hi Gabe, tried to message you on Skype but you're not online. Wishing you a great year. You remind me to reflect and be grateful. Thanks! Much love to your family!

PK World said...

Rough times. Hpe things are getting better.

Anonymous said...

Gabe. It's Esther WW... not really my name anymore, but it was the name I used where we used to chat. I really really miss those days. How can I get in touch with you? I miss my friend!!!! You can write me at florcordoba@id.uff.br
Please do!!!