Saturday, October 28, 2006

Journal – A potentially boring Post!

We all know what a journal really is, which would be the name guys use to justify them keeping a diary. I mean lets face it; they are one and the same.
But in the beginning of this year when I decided to keep a journal I wondered if I would really be able to do it. Writing down a record of the events of my life and the thoughts of times that would soon be gone seemed like a good idea at the time. So I got a journal, this plain simple black one.
I started it and was being regular with keeping it, not always everyday but often enough to redeem its worth. Then I moved to Mexico in June and forgot it in one of the homes I visited along the way to my new one. And due to me not having my journal was one of the things that spurred me into finally getting a blog.
I sent messages and notes to my friends who would be coming this way asking if they could bring it to me. God bless all of them tried to help and I have no idea how many times it switched hands on its journey to get to me. Well four months later it was still in Mexico City, so when I went there recently I got it, finally. It was in my hands.
But as fate would have it I again forgot it while living out of one of my friends rooms. I mean you’d think I would have learned from the first time. So on my trip back I had realized my forgetful mistake and subsequent disloyalty to my journal. Thank God it’s just a book and doesn’t have feelings, as if it were a friend no doubt I would have lost them for sure.
Yesterday one of our home members returned from a trip from Mex City and brought my journal to me. Thanks, Tina! So I guess we’ll see how long it lasts. Maybe I should write in it to break the forgetful streak. Then again, maybe it won’t help!

5 comments:

Ruth Cortejos said...

I love keeping a journal/log/diary!! I've been doing it since I was 15.

Elizabeth Amber Martiny said...

I kept a journal for 6 and a half years and then quit. Too heavy trying to log all those books around. But it was a valiente try and lasted a while.

Anonymous said...

hum.... maybe you should write the story of your journal in your journal. I have to agree with you on the ...Thank God it doesn't have any feeling...Poor journal!.

Ruth Cortejos said...

Well i just do it all on the computer now...def. not keeping books for that long!

Nyx Martinez said...

When life started getting exciting there was no more time to keep a journal...Ironic...

Now, I excuse that with blogging...

That's a nightmare to have left a diary behind in someone's place!