Monday, August 14, 2006

Have a spare?


At present I am sitting in a parking lot of a TGI Friday's in Houston piggy-backing off their WiFi, waiting for my travel partner while she is visiting with her uncle so that I can drive the 3 hour trip back to San Antonio before it gets too late. It's been one of those days!

Started out at 5:30 am to get half way to Houston and have one of the tires on the van start to shred. TTL, we were noticed it before we had a blowout. I am in a borrowed vehicle while here in the states so when things go wrong it can be discouraging. I didn't have a good jack and no tire iron. Since it was so early I was having a hard time finding the bolt to let down the spare and had to call dear James, the homes mechanic to save me from my predicament. That was embarrassing; being that it was right where I thought it should be, but I had failed to see the seam in the carpet to get to it. Thanks so much James for helping me out.

So I lower the spare and it's flat! As fate would have it the gas station we pulled into didn't have air, so off we go driving on the shredding tire to the next station down the road to put air in it. So we get the spare filled but still have the problem of no tire iron. This is about the time I stared regretting not getting roadside assistance on the insurance policy. So we start asking everyone in the station if they have one, no one does. After about 10 minutes this sweet Mexican guys says, "I work just down the road and I have one there, I will go get it and bring it to you!" So 20 minutes later I am changing the tire, in my flip flops and I am worried I am going to smash another toe to top the day off. Well good news is I didn't, I got my knuckle instead. LOL! So now I have a bruised and swollen knuckle to go with its twin, the toe.

While I am changing the tire the girls are witnessing to this guy and he got saved. This brightens my day and I then see the reason we had the flat. If my misfortune leads to another one of the Lord's children finding there way into His fold then may misfortune "follow me all the days of my life!" But I am praying we can win them without to much mishap! When getting ready to leave the guy gave us the tire iron.

So not having roadside assistance led to a soul and a free tire iron. Not a bad day after all. Unless the roadside assistant looked something like this....


....I would have then gotten another soul saved. After all; two are better then one!

No comments: