Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Lainey

So I have been on the road now for nearly a month. This past week hasn't seen much blogging due to be out most of the time fundraising or driving someone somewhere. I guess I have found my calling in life. It's amazing sometimes the things you see while on the road, from watermelons rolling down the freeway to a van exploding just 30 yards away. This is not the actual pic (since I don't have a camera) but its close enough to what I was looking at.


Fundraising went well. I am thankful for that. I arrived home from being on the road for 4 days at midnight Sunday night and was going to be driving a team early morning Monday to the border. Not too bad a drive only about 180 miles each way. When I walked into the kid’s room I was sure a tornado had recently decided to meander through. The last thing I wanted to do was clean...I was exhausted so I told myself I would do it when I got back from the border Monday night.

I got up early packed the kids in the van and loaded up the family I drove across the border and heading out on our way. We got there in good time had an easy border crossing with no problems and the day as going good. it was about 4:30 pm by the time we got back on this side and were heading home. So on the 3 hour drive I had plenty of time to strategize as to how I was going to tackle the room and get it back up to what the kids and I are used too.

We made a few stops along the way so didn't get home till about 9 pm. The kids were tired dirty and hungry, so I was mentally prepared for the evening ahead, being one of work and getting the kids into bed as orderly as possible. I walked into the room and turned on the light to find the sweetest act of kindness I have seen in a long time, the room was spotless. Not a thing out of place with vacuum cleaner lines still in the carpet. The room smelt fresh as an alpine mountain side. That totally made my week. Thank you so much Lainey!! There is nothing I could say to adequately express the amazing feeling of being on the receiving end of another person’s consideration that I had at that moment. Here is a pic of the thoughtful Lainey.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey bro glad you made it back saftly