Thursday, August 31, 2006

On the road again...

...Well we have left! I am writing this from across town at the kid’s grandparent’s house while they are saying good byes. Last minute details have been ironed out and the traveling itch is here. The kids are so excited, they sat in the car for the last hour that I was packing up the van and cleaning the room thinking that if they sat there it would help us leave sooner. So sweet!

Our trip today consists of two short trips each about 3 hrs long. The first will be to drop off the van that was lent to me for the past five weeks. From there we will be meeting up with the rest of our team from Veracruz and heading to the border. We will spend the night there and then travel across the border tomorrow and head for home which is a 16 hr drive.

The kids are excellent travelers and are accustomed to these 16+ hr trips in Mexico, although it’s been about a year and a half since their last one. I had the whole set of Family Funs on VCD and ready to bring to help keep them occupied in the car. But you always forget something and that’s the thing I had to forget. Oh well, I still have a few DVD movies, so it wont be so bad.

Well I am heading out now...will post along the way when I find WiFi's to piggy back on! ;)

3 comments:

Ruth Cortejos said...

Have a great trip...will be praying for it!
I'm sure the kids will do fine! The beginning of the year we did a trip north, driving over 2000 kms...over a couple days. I packed so much to keep the kids occupied, but they only ended up using maybe 1/3 of what i packed.

Anonymous said...

That's so sweet. I'm so glad the kids are able to go down to Mexico with you. I'm sure you'll have a great time. I miss them sooo much! Pls give them a big hug and kiss from Mommy. Praying for your trip!

Gabe Rucker said...

Thanks so much for the prayers.