Monday, September 18, 2006

Thunderstorms and Life

September 14th

Last night, as the thunder clapped shaking the very foundations of the house, and as the lightning danced across the sky, I lie awake thinking about many things. Jade was awake, woken up from the raging storm outside and the bolt that hit our street. Actually I think that one woke everyone in the house, most were able to go back to sleep, not Jade and I.

With the first few thunderclaps, Jade would snuggle up closer to me to make sure I was there. That brave little girl, she was not scared or startled at all, content to lie there so calm and still and would simply pull my arm over her anytime she felt me start to move. There is something so incredibly awesome when you hear the words of a tiny child, “Daddy, I need you!” Jade uses it often and it reminds me why I am here.

As I lie there thinking about how Jade needs me, I got into thinking how very thankful I am for the Lord, our heavenly Father and how he is always there when we need him. I have been going through my own thunderstorms of life in the past year and although for the most part I was not scared, it has been reassuring to know that the Lord has me wrapped in His arms close to his bosom. All I need to do is lie there calm and trust.

Just as I was able to reassure her that there was nothing to be concerned about but that it was just a matter of time before the storm would pass and the sun would shine in all it’s glory in the morning; so the Lord reassures me of the same.

“My child, the storm is but for a moment and the sun will shine in all it’s glory tomorrow when this storm has passed!”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes that's very true Gabe it's a great parallel to our lives.
GBY!