Saturday, October 07, 2006

"Oh, Pussy my Love"

Today while going through Adrian’s 3rd grade Spelling and Poetry book from A Beka I came across the famed poem by Edward Lear, “The Owl and the Pussycat!”

After reading the first paragraph, which I am including below, I asked myself if this is something I really wanted Adrian to learn and recite in front of a class? I think not, was all I could come up with. Read it to see why!

The Owl and the Pussy-cat went to sea
In a beautiful pea green boat,
They took some honey, and plenty of money,
Wrapped up in a five pound note.
The Owl looked up to the stars above,
And sang to a small guitar,
'O lovely Pussy! O Pussy my love,
What a beautiful Pussy you are,
You are,
You are!
What a beautiful Pussy you are!'

For the rest of the poem click this link!


2 comments:

Jamie said...

Hahahaha - that's a good one! Whatever are they teaching the kids these days?!

Anonymous said...

My thoughts exactly! That´s so funny!