Monday, October 09, 2006

The Zoo

Well we finally made it to the zoo here. People kept telling me that it was a junky zoo and that it’s better just to go for a picnic. I was starting to think maybe they were right when I go there and found out it was twice as expensive to swim in the pool then it is to access the zoo.

Not a whole lot of animals, mostly just ones native to Mexico and Texas. You can basically see these animals anytime you’re traveling in the country here. They did have a nice size monkey cage (I forget what kind they were) with about 10 very active monkeys in it, which was fun to watch.

Then way in the back I found the big cats, 4 lions and a Siberian tiger. Now that is a majestic animal. Besides them being huge with a beautiful coat it had the most amazing crystal blue eyes. This particular tiger was resting right near the front of the cage, close enough that I could’ve reached out and patted him on the head. I never realized just how big these cats really are.

We then had tacos there at the zoo for lunch. Over all, it was a great day!

1 comment:

Ruth Cortejos said...

Ahhhh fun! Doesn't have to be a huge zoo for kids to love it!