Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Parent Days and Times

Monday was Parent Day and we had big plans of going to the zoo. The kids were looking forward to it and had been talking about it all week. Yesterday morning we packed up and headed out despite the morning rain, it looked as if it would soon blow over. By the time we arrived, it had stopped raining, so we parked got out and went to the main gates to find that the zoo is closed on Mondays. This resulted in a big emotional scene in front of the zoo.

At least it’s fairly easy to distract small children with promises of returning another day as well as doing something fun today.

Off we went to the port downtown to see the freighters and the turtle pond outside the Naval Academy. When approaching the Naval Academy we saw that there was something major happening as the area was all blocked off with Naval personnel everywhere. So no turtle pond!

Next on the list to stop the fresh flow of tears…ice cream, which always works. Off we went to have lunch and ice cream at Burger King. It was the first time we ate out since the kids have been here. They played there for about two hours before we headed home. The rest of the day was pretty relaxing at home with naps, art projects and things around the house.

Tonight for parent time I took the kids out after dinner to get some juice and nuts. We had the snack on the beach. They loved the little picnic in the dark. The moon was bright with it's light reflecting on the water so after the snack we walked along the waters edge running from the waves for about an hour. We had so much fun.

17 comments:

Nyx Martinez said...

The guy in the back has four legs.

Nyx Martinez said...

ahahahahahaha

Gabe Rucker said...

(Secret question to Nyx, Should I tell my readers that you choose that pic?)

Nyx Martinez said...

(Secret question to Gabe: Why does that guy have four legs? Huh? Huh??)

CurlyCel said...

You guys are funny! - Its not one person, but two, notice the shorter head? - Hence 2+2 equals 4 legs. (I know, I know, I can't believe I'm getting involved in this discussion.)

I initially just wanted to say Gabe that you're such a good daddy. - I super admire you. xxx

Nyx Martinez said...

WOW I'M SOOOO STUUUUPID!!
HOW DID I NOT SEE THAT??????????

CurlyCel said...

No, no, no - no one is stupid, and especially not you! I don't know you, but I read your blog, and you're SUPER SMART to me. ;)

Nyx Martinez said...

(Secret note to Cel: This whole debate is a joke on Gabe. Don't worry about it.)

CurlyCel said...

(Secret note to Nyx: Aha, I should have known. ;) I do it all the time too. He's a magnet for those. - Enjoy! I'll leave you both to your fun. :P)
CIAO!

Gabe Rucker said...

The joke's on me? Nyx, isn't that your cousin?

Nyx Martinez said...

Gabe, YOU are your own worst enemy.

Cel, You are SUPER PRETTY.

Nyx, isnt there a key against foolishness??

Anonymous said...

PRO.22:15 Foolishness is bound in the heart of a child; but the rod of correction shall drive it far from him.

Do you girls need a spanking?

Anonymous said...

you girls should get a room...

CurlyCel said...

Wow, I leave this for a few hours and look what we have here! :D

Thanks for the compliment, Nyx! - Too sweet!!

And Anonymos and Mike, "you'd like that, wouldn't you", is the first comment that comes to mind. ;) LOL!

Nyx Martinez said...

hmmm...

anonymous spankers...
magnets....
rooms....
4 legged creatures...
WORD VERIFICATION....ugh.

Sure, Mike, Cel...am still looking for the room keys.

Impetuous Lady said...

hahahah...I was gonna say I like the pic, nice scene etc...but after reading all the comments posted...errr well, they got me thinking about other things...

Note to self: Read Gabe's blog more often :P

Gabe Rucker said...

Thank you Impetuos Lady,
I will try to continue to make this blog worth reading! ;)