Friday, December 08, 2006

Marriage Vows

Although it was HER day in court I am going to tell you about mine.

The other day found me in County Court, my first time ever in a court of law and first time seeing a judge who wasn’t in a movie. Man, did I have different ideas!

Now I know you guys are all wondering what I did to end up in court, well its simple, I’ve always wanted my signature on a marriage license, today that dream came true.

It went something like this,

We walked in took a number and were called a couple minutes later to apply for a marriage license, after verifying identities it took about five minute to have the certificate of marriage in hand with information to head up to the second floor to schedule an appointment with the judge to perform the legalities on Monday after the 72 hour waiting period.

The judge’s clerk informed us that if a waiver was obtained the ceremony could be preformed in half hour (instead of waiting the required 72 hours) as the judge had an opening in his schedule.

So back in the original office, a waiver was immediately given and we were told to go to a second court on yet a different floor and present the case to the judge as to why the ceremony should happen immediately.

Court was in session when we walked in and after we explained to the sheriff why we were there he presented the waiver to the court clerk who slid it in front of the judge as she was hearing a different case…I didn’t even see her look at the waiver but it was handed back to the clerk and in turn to the sheriff and then us with the judges signature on it.

So we made it back to the judge who would perform the ceremony with minutes to spare. When it was our turn we entered his chamber (which is just a fancy term for “office”) and the ceremony took about 10 minutes.

Now it was time for the moment of truth…so I signed the marriage license… AS A WITTNESS!

Congratulations to Arcos and Luchi, the lucky couple. Luchi, I hope that the speed of our county courts efficiency made YOUR day a bit easier to deal with, since we all know what kind of drama can come on a wedding day.

Cheers!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very funny! At first I thought it was you getting married.

Anonymous said...

I thought the same thing. Heh. Figured that's what I got for not reading your blog for a while. BTW did u read my last post... gave u a hint as to my identity.
LU,
Hi

Anonymous said...

ooh, there is mystery and intrigue in this blog!

Thanks for writing up the details so that I didn't have to. xoxox

Impetuous Lady said...

Good write up...I was intrigued. You almost had me fooled :D

Czech it out! said...

The same here!! I was about to write up how you got me fooled and I see I was not the only one!!! hahaha ...I even started to question your friendship...:O) heehee