Monday, June 18, 2007

Ripples…


The other day I was an observer to someone else’s happiness and joy, the kind of emotion and passion in a moment that completely encompassed and extended itself to all around. As it reached out to touch me it brought warmth to my heart and a smile to my face, a “feel good” feeling that made the day go better.

I was at the bus station and I saw this guy waiting the arrival of his beloved. Two hours he waited with that expectant look in his eyes, the look of time coming to completion. The bus arrived and as she step off the bus their eyes met and pushing her way through the crowds in front of her the two locked in embrace. They held each other shaking and crying tears of joy with each other, kissing and touching each others faces. Their simplicity in connecting on every level was refreshing and touching; you couldn’t help but feel part of their joy.

I started thinking about moments like that where ripples of other people’s happiness provide me some. I am blessed to be alive and the more I looked for these ripples I see more of them. Why just be happy for the things we have or the things we enjoy, I want to be happy because other people are as well. I want the sunshine in their life to shine bright in mine, just as I hope that the sunshine in my life might brighten yours! So look for the ripples of others happiness and let them wash over you till you feel it also.

8 comments:

Wild Flower said...

Beautiful Gabe. I loved it!

Anonymous said...

One of the nicest posts I've read in some time! Very inspiring...and so true. GBY!

Anonymous said...

Inspiring... and it's something to reflect on too... what kind of "ripples" am I giving out to those around me? :)

CurlyCel said...

You back in Mex?

CrazyGurl said...

Nicely said :)

Rosita said...

Sounds like something they'll end up using in a Reflections.
Actually, maybe I'll just use it in my reflections... thanks Gabe (ahead of time)!

Anonymous said...

Ok Bro first off that little display of happiness is the relief of making it past the 30 mile check point with out being deported. Come on man I know you want to try to portray yourself as “sensitive soul” but this is taking it to a whole new level.

Now for all your loyal lady fans who would love this to pieces. I can get away with this as I know my little brother, and well what are older brothers for except to slap them up side the head every now and then
Cheers
Jason

Wild Flower said...

Funny! I was interesting to read something from a Male spieces (I think) since it seems that mainly females comment on this blog. "Sensitive soul"lol...ain't we all sensitive souls somewhere inside...though some ppl only reveal it later in life, and others never do at all.
Well, I already commented on this post, so I don't have to again....But this was funny! See ya all.