Thursday, May 29, 2008

Thursday Thought – Tattoos

It seems that amongst Family people there is a growing trend in getting tattoos. When I was a teen I wanted to get one and my mom told me that if I could find scriptural basis for tattoos she would allow me to get one.

Me being the smart alec that I was I showed her Revelation 19:16, And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

My argument was that since it's written on Jesus thigh it must be a a tattoo, her reply to my argument was that once I became Jesus I could write on my legs too... LOL!

Well my interest in getting a tattoo as a teen died and I never got one. But over the past year or so I have been thinking about maybe getting one. I have a few ideas as to what and of course I wouldn't get one without clearing it with The Man, but was just curious what the general populace thought of it.

Some tattoos I have seen on people have not been nice or done well, others have been so cute and in just the right place to want to kiss it. However I do feel strongly that a flower, butterfly or a star are NOT for me. I guess we'll see if I end up with one in the future or not, until then...

Kisses on ink.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol! Saw a guy with a flower tattooed on his "stem" ... definitely NOT the way to go.

Anonymous said...

I think it totally depends on the tattoo and where it's put, although now that I think about it I haven't seen too many that I really liked.
At least don't do a big one over your whole back and shoulders; to me those seem overdone. I think something well-thought-out and strategically placed is better. :)

Wild Flower said...

Hmmm...this is a complicated subject. I've been wanting to get a tattoo since I was about 14, and my mom never really got on my case about it and I didn't really have anything stopping me except the Lord, who told me to wait a little. I still want to! Maybe I still will.

Anonymous said...

Hair color you can change, clothes styles you can change, hair style you can change, jewelry you can change, but a tatoo is there to stay whether you decide you still like it or not later. I like sticking to things I can change as my tastes, likes and dislikes change.

Joanna said...

don't ever do such a thing. We don't approve

Anonymous said...

I've always wanted a tatoo too and Ive always known what I wanted it to be when i get one, my main thing has always been that where I was, to get a good job done,it is very expensive and it seemed like a waste of the Lords money, plus the times I had a little money to think about I usually had things that I needed more or I had the chance to travel, but I know the Lord knows the desire of my heart so maybe one day I'll have it...who knows...but I have to say the right one on the right spot is very hot

GeminiSide said...

Whatever you do please be original, and don't steal from other people. I have never so far seen one like mine... And I hope I never do

Anonymous said...

you have a tattoo?