Thursday, December 11, 2008

Are we there yet???

I have yet to meet a kid who never had a toy car growing up. Some kids had huge collections and would play them for hours.

For me it was always frustrating when one of the wheel supports on the cars would break and the tire would be wobbly or get smashed up in the wheel well and the car would nut drive right anymore after that.

Oh the joy's of childhood when things are simple and used cars only cost about 50 cents and to fix them is usually done with just a drop of glue.

I made it safely home last night from my visa trip, despite my car falling apart on me. Yes that's right it was literally falling apart dropping pieces all over the road. The front passenger side suspension broke and starting coming apart. and the wheel was all up in m wheel well just like my cars when I was a kid.

I was about 80 km from home after already having driven over 1,400 km that day so I really wanted to get home. I drove real slow and made it the 80km in about 3 1/2 hours, getting home at 2 am in the morning.

Thank you so much for your prayers for my trip and that nothing worse happened. When I took it in to the mechanic today he was shocked that I had driven that far the way it was and said that it could only have been done with angels doing it.

(Update on the 19th of Dec: I got the truck fixed and it is working sweel agian. Sad to say it was a bit more then 50 cents or a drop of glue to get it fixed. TTL though for His supply and helping it get done.)

No comments: