Wednesday, October 07, 2009

SpaceBook and MyFace...


... I have come to the conclusion that MySpace and Facebook are more of a continual online chat with hundreds of people. It is a constant struggle to block, accept or ignore the multitude of apps that I get sent daily. Some of which I got caught up in, like giving smiles, virtual gifts, pillow fights and answering stupid questions about whether "I would want to see a particular person naked" just so that I could find out who answered the same stupid question about me.

While I have enjoyed using Facebook to reconnect with multitudes of childhood friends and acquaintances, I don't like how in the long run I have neglected the maintenance of this blog. I started this blog with the intent of it being like an online journal of my life and the things in it. A few months ago when my HD crashed I lost 4 years of photos of my kids, that was tough. I am very happy though that I kept this blog for 2 1/2 of those years as I still have of photos of them here.

Yet while cobwebs grow here the number of my friends on Facebook continue to grow. I need to find the balance. The one line post's or updates are much easier to handle in Facebook, yet I miss the more in depth thought out content of this blog, along with the foolishness and relaxation you can also find in it's pages. So all that being said, I really want to keep up with this blog and do better at actual writing my online journal. You got to take time for the journey or life will go right on by and one day you wake up to find... you have Alzheimer's disease.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So...you gonna post something then? :P
Gaby