Sunday, April 15, 2012

Letter from Olya...



Dear friends,
I hope this note finds you well and happy!
I would like to ask you to pray with us for my visa. Maybe some of you already saw Gabe's post with an update about it. In short, we've been waiting for almost three months here in the border town. When Gabe and I had our last interview, the lady said that if everything checks out we will get our package in 1-2 weeks. It will be three weeks in couple days since then. So we went to the embassy to check on our case and we were told that it doesn't seem there's any problem and we probably will hear from them soon, they are just waiting on some info confirmation, I think from Russia. They told us that they usually update their site with approved/denied visas once a week and once our visa update is there it will be just 2-3 days before we get it in DHL. But if there's no update of my visa, that means we need to wait another week... Now, the most difficult part for us is that we are just waiting all this time here and it's becoming very stretchy for us financially. Gabe is staying with us now for the last three weeks, as supposedly we could get the visa any day, so he could travel with us across the border. Also on the embassy site it says that the medical exams (that I had to take before the interview) are valid for 3-6 months depending on the results. I do hope that my results were ok for them and it's valid for more than 3 months, but in a week it will be 3 months since I took them and I hope they won't require me to do so again, as it is expensive. So my specific prayer requests are:

-That the embassy does get the info they are waiting for in the beginning of this coming week
-That they issue my visa this coming week
-That they update their site early in the week with our updated case
-And that we do get the DHL package with my visa this coming week
-For our financial supply during this time

 Thank you for taking the time to read my letter and thank you for your prayers! We really appreciate it! Much love, Olya, Gabe and the kids

4 comments:

whacky said...

Praying for you guys! I know what a fight it can be with visas, but I know the Lord will come through with a fantastic miracle for you.

Gabe Rucker said...

Thanks Anj... Big hug to you.

Windy said...

I received your email! For sure we will be praying! I know the Lord will do it, keep the faith you guys! You're almost there!
Lots of love!

Gabe Rucker said...

Thanks Windy...