Monday, July 31, 2006

Ballooning

So I am traveling and on the road, which means fundraising is involved. This is fine by me as I have not really had a problem in the past when needing to do my share to help out. Ballooning is one of those things I have picked up over the years. Although I am not the greatest ballooner out there, I am just average, it has always gone really good for me...well, for the most part!

This past Friday I was given a spot to use by one of the local homes! Thanks so much Marie! And although it didn't go well, I was super thankful and was praising the Lord all day that it was not the worst ballooning day I have had.
Imagine Toronto Canada, February 14th, yes that’s Valentines Day! I arrived at the Wal-Mart to do ballooning that we had set up earlier in that week. I was trilled to be doing a Wal-Mart because at that time in (about 10 yrs ago) they would let us be inside the store. So after letting a member of management know that we were there we started to set up inside. About 10 minutes later a frantic and very distraught manager (the head lady....no and I don't mean she had a funny head...the lady in charge) came and informed my partner and I that we had to be outside.
I was like, "What???? You do know that it is sleeting and snowing right now outside?" To which she said that if we wanted to set up to take it outside.
Well we had been dropped off and we didn't have a phone, and since we were visiting the home there neither of us knew the phone number. So being the diehards (and dumb nuts) that we were we decided to set up outside.
Try being painted and dressed like a clown and making balloons in the snow and sleet. IT really makes you thankful for a whole lot of things. Anyways I think we made about $12 Canadian dollars which at the time was about $7 USD
So I am so thankful that the other night I actually made enough to fill up the tank on the van. Which given the current gas prices, I guess it didn't go so bad after all!

No comments: