Thursday, August 10, 2006

What You Have Come To Be

You could not be touched by
Or feel the way that others feel inside
Or try to understand their fears.
You just couldn’t let your heart break
To the point where you will start to cry
By seeing someone's tears.

But because there, are so few who feel what others go through
God led you on those roads
Those journeys have made you what you have become today
With a heart of sympathy, and not a heart of stone.

But in the loneliness that gripped you,
Those times when you fell apart,
You then reached out and cared.
Only through your misty eyes,
Did you see clearly in to another's heart
And love what you found there.

Oh there are very few who feel what others go through, God led you
On those roads. Those journeys, have made you what you have become today
With a heart of flesh and love, changed by the paths you known


I know the words above were posted on Hope Always not to long ago so I apologize for the redundancy. When these words were written and given to me nearly a decade ago they were a reflection and accurate picture of what I had been going through and who I had become.
Life goes in cycles and sometimes we feel like we end up right where we started. Sometimes this causes us to wonder what we learned and if we retained the lesson.
I was thinking about this the other day and was seeing how life really is like going through school. In each level or grade you have the same subjects...only each new year brings tougher and more complex challenges.
Being able to look back over this past decade it is an encouragement to me the journeys I have embarked upon and survived, the lessons I have learned and the peoples whose paths crossed or walked along side mine. These were not easy years but the Lord held me through them esp. the times when I had no strength to walk.
I want to thank those of you who were also there holding me up, praying for me and being an encouragement.

5 comments:

Gabe Rucker said...

I know the picture doesn't really have anything to do with the post...except that it would be a nice place to journey too! Anyone want to come with me?

Anonymous said...

Looks very pretty... I will go.... is that an all-expense-paid trip? ;)

Gabe Rucker said...

Yes! J. you know that It would be all expense paid trip for you. I already offered it to you...;)

Nyx Martinez said...

Thanks for this post ;)

Gabe Rucker said...

Your welcome, Nyx!