Thursday, September 07, 2006

Surprises….

I like surprises, who doesn’t? Although it is very hard to surprise me, it happened twice in the past 14 hours.

Last night after getting home from the beach with the kids a little past 7:15 I ushered them into the dinning room and quickly served them being as we were late for dinner. We had all 8 of the kids in the home with us so after serving everyone I got my plate, sat down, and all the kids and I had a great dinner.

I was scheduled on dishes, so I asked Adrian to go through the house and find out if the adults already ate and if I could start. Being that I hadn’t seen a single adult in the house for about 20 minutes I figured they all ate at 7:00 and had already gone on to other things.

So I started clearing the tables putting the food away and all those good things. To have Adrian come back and tell me the adults hadn’t eaten yet. I said to myself, “Hmmm…I think I better go and find out when they plan on eating, since I don’t want to be here all night doing dishes.”

A quick discussion with one of the home managers revealed that the adults were going to have a special dinner in honor of Vanessa’s birthday.

Great! Surprise #1. At least doing the dishes for just the kids and I was easy. But right about then I was wishing I hadn’t already eaten. I don’t like eating dinner twice.

So it was nearly 10:00 by the time we started our candle lit dinner. JD made a great meal of broccoli with mushrooms and onions, rice and roast beef; concluded with a dessert of ice cream covered in chocolate liquor. I wasn’t able to finish all that I was served, but that’s good because I can now enjoy it later today. Double the taste!

We had some fun fellowship as well as some fun table games that helped us all get to know each other a bit better.

By the time midnight came around I was really tired and so I was relieved when Jade woke up needing water. After getting it for her I do believe I fell asleep before she did. And a very welcomed sleep it was.

We had decided over dinner to have a half hour sleep in and get up at 7:30 am instead of 7:00. I was very thankful for this as I have been very tired since being back from the trip. Adrian woke me at 8:00 am asking if he could get up now and go for breakfast, “Of course!” I told him.

I went downstairs to check the schedule to see what I would be on today, to find there was no schedule up. So I went to one of the HM and asked what I would be doing and was told that if it’s okay with me I would be on WnR! Ha, who would turn that down?

My first official WnR since July 17th, and that was a very much appreciated Surprise #2!

No comments: