Thursday, October 19, 2006

Mexican Bus Lines

In the movies they depict traveling in Mexican buses as an experience that you will neither forget nor want to repeat. I mean who wants to have chickens and pigs on and/or next to them for any amount of time.

I will not say that these kinds of buses do not exist, but I personally have never been on one in all my years here. To me traveling on a Mexican bus line means class and comfort that equaled to traveling in most airlines. They do have different classes’ equivalent to flying coach, business or first class. All have entertainment (movies) and depending on the class you choose they even have drinks and meals. And it is relatively inexpensive, making traveling in Mexico very pleasant.

So today I will be making my way home on such a bus line. My trip will be 5 ½ hours long, not bad at all, so I will be traveling “coach.” You can see by this pic of the bus that it is actually quite nice.

Huge thanks to the home in DF that put me up for my time there. They are one of the best homes I have ever seen. Every single member of that home is a good friend of mine. I love you guys so much and was so glad of the Lord’s blessing in having me be able to stay with you guys. It truly is an honor to be counted as your friend.

In other news, it is the birthday of an old friend of mine, no, she’s not old, but we were friends many years ago. So Happy Birthday Tara, (Click this link for your card)

3 comments:

Gabe Rucker said...

Just ot let everyone know I made it home fine. Thanks for your prayers.

Nyx Martinez said...

They have drinks and meals????
I just took a domestic flight and they didn't give me anything to eat!!!!
Glad you made it back ;)

Gabe Rucker said...

Yes! You see ADO GL is the first class bus of that line, Very comfortable with great seats. I usually travel just on ADO (the middle class), but UNO their Luxury line is incredible. I took it once from Mexico City to the border and had a seat that folded so far back and a foot board that pretty much turns your seat into a totally horizontal bed.

Yes Nyx, on the middle and first class lines they serve meals.

Sorry about your domestic flight that didn’t provide anything, but reading accounts from your trip I am surprised you were even hungry. LOL! Praying for your next trip.