Monday, October 23, 2006

Musings

I just finished reading the book Anja. It’s an excellent read and really got me thinking about sacrifice and what it really means to suffer for the Lords sake.

Looking back over the past couple years I have got into thinking that I have really suffered and gone through a lot.

But after reading her testimony and the things she went through to just be able to witness and show the Lords love to those around her and the subsequent persecutions because of it, I have realized I really haven’t gone through anything at all.

Maybe one day should the Lord see fit to use me in that way I pray that I can be counted worthy and ready for such an honor.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is beautiful, Gabe, as well as convicting. I had a similar reaction after reading Anja.

So many times I've felt that I've really given up a lot, or suffered more than others, being tempted to ask the "why me" question. Really, when it's all put into perspective, I haven't given anything at all, it's all been given TO me. I'm so grateful. Thanks for the reminder.

-- Joy

Anonymous said...

So true...funny how the sacrifices that sometimes seam so great, are really so small compared to all the rewards He's promised us. It's always good to be reminded of that, and it's easy to forget when you just look at your little life and the things you need to give up along the way, which at the time seam like the world.
-Nice picture; there's something very conforting about knowing that the Lord will always be there for us, when everyone and everything else fails.
ALI

Nyx Martinez said...

Yes....I have to find that book now.