Thursday, November 09, 2006

“Cuidado!”

“Cuidado!” Is all I heard her say, and I turned just in time to smack my head on an awning today while at the market. And with a freshly shaved head it left a nice cut that is not easily hid. TTL it is at the very top on my head so you need to be pretty tall to see it when I am not sitting.

It was the shop of the lady that helps us with chicken each week; this particular lady really loved Adrian so we have become good friends. I was approaching her shop from a direction that I normally don't come from and so was not really paying attention to my environment.

Then at the stall across the way from her I spied a woman, a true beauty, a pure vision of delight to the eyes, a woman that causes you to do several double takes whether you intend to or not..

Just as I was smiling at her and trying to give her a look that said “I approve!!” is when it all happened.

Every one thought it was great, the contact and their family (about 8 people) and all the people from the pretty ladies stall had a great laugh. Always aiming to get people to laugh I didn’t mind. Esp. since the woman seemed very flattered to have caused such a mishap. The contact went out of her way to dress my “wound” while we all talked about how it was the best action they have had in a few days.

“The Gringo smacked his head!” LOL!

Okay so when discussing it at home and retelling the store I started think, “What’s worse?” to smack your head while obviously checking out a woman? Or to stop and look at her and then proceed walking when your done?

I concluded, it’s rude to stare and possibly embarrass the “vision from heaven” as opposed to getting favorable attention from her due to my moment of clumsiness!

6 comments:

Nyx Martinez said...

Good one....snort.

Jamie said...

Hahaha - cute one!

I'm sorry you're feeling sick, I'll be praying that you get better soon. xxx

Anonymous said...

*am grinning here* ...lol!

Ruth Cortejos said...

*cackles with glee* ...har har

Anonymous said...

Thats a good one...god knows I have had things like that happen to me!

Gabe Rucker said...

LY Jamie, thanks for your prayers. I am doing fine now.