Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Pleasures

It’s easy for me to find things on a daily basis that I take pleasure in. The most common are a good jog on the beach, a decent meal, smiles on people’s faces, a good chat with a friend and Word time.

Take a combination of any of these things and it’s made my day, or week depending on the mixture.

The other day after a morning jog and seeing a few smiles on the faces of those whom I live with, I settled in for Word time before staring out on everything I had to do that day, one of my good friends sent me an instant message. I wanted to talk but needed my Word time, so after explaining this to her she asked what I was reading. It turns out we had just gotten the same GN and were both getting ready to read it, with a 14 hour time difference.

She suggested we have Word time together over a voice chat, I told her I would love to but my mic was broken. She then offered to read to me and did, the whole GN!

Reading the Word is like having cool waters rushing over your soul, cleansing and refreshing you, and there’s nothing like bathing in it with a friend.

Thank you for the combination of pleasures that made my month!

5 comments:

Gabe Rucker said...

I also want to thank Nyx for the picture I used in the post.

Anonymous said...

What a cool idea. I'll have to try it.

Ruth Cortejos said...

must've been fun...something different!

Nyx Martinez said...

Awesome, I want to do that tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Yeah cool idea...I gotta find someone to do that with one of these days!