Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Winter

Winter is fast approaching, and while many of my friends are starting to post pictures of snow, them standing in big warm coats, or playing board games while drinking warm drinks huddled near a fireplace, I give you my “Winter Wonderland."

Much like everywhere the air is changing here, which to us means that we only need to shower and change our shirts 2-3 times a day instead of a dozen times. I’m sure our washing machine appreciates the break.

Winds are coming from the north bringing us cooler weather. Winter storms are called “Nortes” instead of blizzards or cold fronts. And instead of bringing snow or sleet, they bring rain, great waves, coconuts and sand, lots of sand. Winds are so fierce at times it’s like natural sand blasting. I try to park on the protected side of our house.

Would I trade my tropical winter for the more traditional winter wonderland? Not this year!

5 comments:

Nyx Martinez said...

I miss the beach....

*sob*

Ruth Cortejos said...

Soooo beautiful! It's meant to be getting warmer here...summer starts next month...but the past few days have been between 5-15 degrees!!! Sniff sniff!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds so nice! I miss warm Christmases. Love you Gabe!

Anonymous said...

hmmmm...I like beaches, but seeing that I never have experienced a real winter yet...I'm still dreaming of a White Christmas...

Gabe Rucker said...

Nyx, you're welcome at my beach anytime.

Ruth, I hope your summer warms up.

Nat, I love you too! Hope to see you for New Year's...I still owe you a dance.

Impetuous, a white christmas is always great. It's the cold non-white ones that I don't care to much for!