Friday, December 01, 2006

Dear Hana,

Hana I am sorry that I didn’t put this up earlier, but as they say “better late than never!” I know that’s no excuse. The real reason I didn’t put this birthday post up sooner is because JD’s post went up right away and described in detail about the night and the dancing. Besides I wanted to get those pics of me photoshoped first… (Evil grin)

Anyways, since the party details are already out there I want to tell my friends some details about you. I will never forget the first time I met you and the impressions I had. I was just barely 20 and we were having those meetings in Romania, I was on camp management and was signing everyone in when they arrived. You showed up PG with two other girls and told the testimony how you guys had hitchhiked your way across Eastern Europe wit over 20 different rides to make it to the meetings. You guys were so inspired and full of faith about it made me think I could do it and a month later was in Hungary needing to get back to Romania and the CO’s asked me how I was getting back home, I told them I was going to hitchhike. I was really looking forward to is actually, but I think they figured I hadn’t been in the EE long enough to attempt that on my own. So they paid for my train trip back.

Another first impression I had of you was when you first arrived in Mex. We drove to the store and though I gave you a hard time about how careful a driver you are I really do believe you are one of the best and most prayerful drivers I know. So much so that awhile later after buying my first truck with a clutch, when I was having difficulties getting it out of the driveway in reverse, due to the incline of the drive way and the garage door in front of me, you were the one I asked to help save me in my moment of embarrassment. Thank you for that.

I am glad I have had the chance to live with you again and am touched by your concern for people. Just the other day when you were sick in bed with a fever and could barely move, you went out of your way to see how I was and if I had had a good rest day. Moments like those mean a lot to me.

I am hoping you have a great wonderful New Year!

Here are a couple pics from the other night ballroom dancing... You might make a dancer out of me yet.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Twas a fun night! Txs Hana!

Anonymous said...

Hana is a beautiful person, inside and out.

Czech it out! said...

Wow! Gabe is dancing as well! So proud of you!...I'm so sad that I missed this dance night! :O)

Anonymous said...

Dear Gabe,
I am also very happy to know you and I must confess that all those moments left me with sweet memories as well.
I love you and thank you for the kind sweet words. They mean a lot to me.
You did excellent with the dancing!
We should do it more often, what do you think?
Love
Hana

Gabe Rucker said...

Kathy, it would have been great to have you.

Hana, I will dance with you anytime. (that my back premits...lol)