Wednesday, January 30, 2008

HB2Y Esther

Last year for my birthday Esther, then a complete stranger to me snagged my email out of my blog profile and sent me the following Birthday greeting.

"I don't know you at all, but I know one thing: Every year of someone's is 365 days of laughter, choices, tears, joy, love, passion, quiet moments and so much more. But most of all, it's another step we take in learning to live the way the Lord always intended us to live since the day he created us, To love without fear and breathe life with passion and zeal, yet responsibility and sacrificial love. I pray that this year will be better than the ones past - not because I wish you futile moments of joy and are here today and gone tomorrow -, but that I pray that you'll listen to your heart day by day as it's tells you that it's never too late to start again and do things right, no matter how many times you might have failed."

Since that time we have communicated often and have grown to be close friends. Many of the things she wished for me were things that have been a part of my life because she is a part of it.

One thing that I want to say is in the short time I have known her one thing is ever clear to me from all our many conversations…her love for the lost! She never goes a day without speaking of her sheep, bible classes or “the person she got to witness to while out today!” She truly is an amazing example even from half a world away of being here solely for those that need her, a true example to emulate of being here for the right reason.

Esther, I am in no way finding the words I want to wish you the best year of your life. So I won’t ruin it with words. Just stay close to Jesus and be that wild and free of the spirit woman of God that you are. Everything else will work out.

For an excellent post about Esther and to see what others have to say click here.

No comments: