Thursday, February 28, 2008

Thursday Thought – Regret

I know that what I am about to say will cause controversy for some of you, I hope that you can bear with me.

Regret seems to me something that most people live with as a way of either inspiring them to do better, punish themselves for mistakes they have made or just an uncontrolled emotion that comes and goes as it pleases.

For me though I can't say that it is any of those things, although I understand the concept in theory of regret I can say that I don't have any. Not one! Sure there are things in life that I wouldn't have mind skipping or having done different, but I don't regret it.

See I believe we learn from each thing that happens to us so if I were to regret the things that have happened would be the same to me as discarding the lessons I have learned. I am who I am because of the mistakes I have made and learned from to better myself.

When life hands you lemons make lemonade. So why regret? Learn and go on!

7 comments:

Nyx Martinez said...

AMEN!

Babylove said...

Sounds good, but as much as we like lemonade, lemon meringue pie, lemon scones & lemon marinade, the truth is what are you going to do if you call ever lemon farmer & ask him to send you every last lemon he has? You will be overflowing with lemons. Perhaps this doesn't apply to you, but if some people knew no regret they may buy lemons by the truckfuls. And have heaps of rotton lemons sitting on their front lawn. But I like your thinking none theless!

whacky said...

lol! I love the quote with the pic!!

Just Blowing By said...

Make it a rule of life never to regret and never to look back. Regret is an appalling waste of energy; you can't build on it; it's only for wallowing in.

Love the picture!

Boo ya said...

definetley right on.

Anonymous said...

For sure! Plus regret can turn into condemnation if we don't learn but rather 'wallow' in our regretfulness. Also, being a firm believer in Rom.8:28 helps to realize that regardless of what we've done, He can bring good from it, so why regret?
Thanks for the reminder though, you never know when your thoughts reach out and touch someone going through something so similar to what you just posted.

Unknown said...

I like that concept