Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Vacation: Day 3

Day Three:
This morning we went to the free breakfast buffet at The Pacifica resort. They offer the buffet in exchange for having the opportunity to show you their resort and then you sit through a presentation to try to get you to invest in their resort and buy a time share to get your vacations for the next 30 years. 3 1/2 hours after arriving we were finally out of there.The breakfast was good, the resort amazing, and the views spectacular but having to sit through the presentation and the sales pitch as a real damper.

This is the view from our breakfast table at the resort of the beach.

In the afternoon I took a quick trip into the local town and found a great deal on a Russian beer that I had never tried. Bruni suggested I just get one or two before stocking up. I got two and enjoyed them so much I went back the next day and bought plenty more.

Baltika #9 is the best of the three I tried. The number system for the beer 1-9 indicates the amount of hops used in the brew. I tried 3, 7 and 9. The last was the best and for an 8.0% beer it is worth every cent I paid. Elliot and Jen I got enough to bring some to you guys to try.

The rest of the day was spent at the beach. Here's a photo of Alex having fun in the waves.

No comments: