Friday, April 24, 2009

Crazy Family

Many years ago when I was twenty-three,
I got married to a widow who was pretty as could be.
This widow had a grown-up daughter who had hair of red.
My father fell in love with her, and soon the two were wed.
This made my dad my son-in-law and changed my very life.
My daughter was my mother, for she was my father’s wife!
To complicate the matters worse (although it brought me joy),
I soon became the father of a bouncing baby boy.
My little baby then became a brother-in-law to Dad,
And so became my uncle, though it made me very sad.
For if he was my uncle, then that also made him brother
To the widow’s grown-up daughter, who, of course, was my stepmother.
Father’s wife then had a son, who kept them on the run.
And he became my grandson, for he was my daughter’s son.
My wife is now my mother’s mother and it makes me blue;
Because, although she is my wife, she’s my grandmother too.
If my wife is my grandmother, then I am her grandchild.
And every time I think of it, it simply drives me wild.
For now I have become the strangest case you ever saw:
As the husband of my grandmother, I am my own grandpa!

1 comment:

Impetuous Lady said...

How come I'm the only one commenting on this??
Loved it...twas a good, hilarious read!!
Am gonna pass it around as a link to your blog of course ;)

Love ya!