Thursday, August 20, 2009

Thursday Thought - Facebook

So there are social networking websites out there that have captured masses of peoples. Any new one that comes up that someone joins I get many an invitation. Every since my first Hi5 request about 4-5 years ago I have resisted the pressure of social entanglement by not joining in on this type of networking craze.

Bruni signed up for Facebook today and it has been quite something to see her get so into checking up and adding friends. She says it's just a phase in the beginning as you first make contact with people you haven't been in contact with for years. So I will be keeping an eye on this to see how it goes and then in a few days I will decide if I want to open one to or not.

I just am not sure if the 750+ email addresses I have in my contact list will consider it spam to get an invite from me, unless of course they are already on Facebook.

2 comments:

Gala said...

yep, it is just a phase indeed! it passes. then a new phase starts when you check for new status messages from everyone every hour on your home page :-)...but it passes, too ;-)

Gabe Rucker said...

Gala,
People check it every hour? Oh no, that's not good.