Thursday, June 10, 2010

Dreams...


... they come and they go. Dreams, as in goals for life, things you want to do and accomplish should be a prime requisite for humanity. Everyone should have one. Some people have multiple dreams, the fire which fuels their ambitions and actions.

Ever since I was young I had a dream... for years it has not changed. Funny thing is is is not a glamorous dream at all, no ambition. I even had someone from a previous relationship tell me that part of why they had to end it is that I wasn't ambitious enough for them and that I didn't have a real dream. It's a good thing I don't generally let what people think about me affect me.

My dream has always been to be able to help others with their dreams. Maybe it's because I am not creative enough to come up with my own dream, maybe it's because if I did have my own I might get disappointed if it didn't work. Whatever the reason, my dream is simple.

IN the past year of my life I have invested a lot of time in helping someone else's dream try to get past the idea stage, as I see my participation in their dream the vehicle in which will get me mine... a way to help others and sustain it. The Dream I have been invested in nearly fell apart and vanish this past week.

Right now it is living on life support and I am anxiously waiting the verdict, if it will come back to life or die. Can't say that I really mind either way as both have their benefits. If it does die then I will just have to work all the harder to get my dream.... I have never been afraid of hard work... it's time to roll up my sleeves and go to work.

I hope I don't wake up.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great hopes make great men.
Someone told me once that No dream comes true until you wake up and go to work... so I guess yours has quite a chance of working out.
Loved that dream catcher picture...great choice and taste!:D

CurlyCel said...

I came across this quote; "Success is blocked by concentrating on it and planning for it...success is shy - it won't come out while you're watching" and thought of this post, Gabe!
I know you've put a lot into this dream, but I think it's now at the "shy stage" where you'll just have to trust that if it's meant to be, it will pull through.
I'm praying the Lord has His way and that regardless of the outcome, you are able to fulfill your dreams. LY!

Just Blowing By said...

Fingers crossed THE DREAM!! xx

Alvi said...

I think your dream is a beautiful one. I have always been touched by your humble, unselfish spirit - and I greatly admire you for living your life to make others' dreams come true.